Sunday, June 3, 2012

Biddy's Love Advice

"'Because, if it is to spite her,' Biddy pursued, 'I should think--but you know best--that might be better and more independently done by caring nothing for her words. And if it is to gain her over, I should think--but you know best--she was not worth gaining over.'"

So, besides that fact that I'm DEFINITELY using this for my passage, I thought that it was a really cool quote. I think that it plays a lot into today's society as well. Biddy's telling Pip that if she's not happy with Pip and if he has to change in order to win her over, then she's not worth the time or effort. I think that's a really cool message that we should listen to today. It also describes how if someone's insulting you, don't take it to heart. Just block them out because you should be happy with what you have been given.

1 comment:

  1. I like this quote because it reflects Pip's young judgement. He obviously is too young to know everything even though he thinks he does. The way that Biddy approached it is very relatable to real life. I know my parents have used that sarcastic way of giving me advice like that before by saying something to the same affect of "but you know best".

    ReplyDelete