Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mr. Joe Gargery

I rather like the relationship between Pip and Joe. What made me come to this revelation after reading pages 43-44 where Joe is telling Pip about how he wanted Pip's sister to raise Pip. "There's room for him in the forge", this quote is from that section as well. Joe is telling Pip how he wanted to be a part of his life. I thought this entire conversation was awesome and it made me so happy because someone cares about Pip who isn't a creepy lady.

How I feel in pictures:

3 comments:

  1. I also love the advice that Joe gives Pip. I think that Joe is starting to get a little disappointed in how Pip is becoming. My favorite advice Joe gave was when he told him that he shouldn't lie, because if he is honest he will achieve more in life. I think if we all lived like that, the world will be a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pics Amy... haha the Pokemon one :)

    Joe seems very down-to-earth. I think one of the main purposes he serves is to demonstrate the kind of person might have been very similar to if he hadn't been exposed to high society.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the relationship between Joe and Pip!! I think that Joe is a great role model for not only Pip but for everyone. He is a really sweet guy who seems to have his head and his heart in the right place (which we all know seems to be a hard thing nowadays).

    ReplyDelete